Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wendy Darling

Wow, two posts in one day. I guess I have a lot of pent up creative/journalling juices inside. So I just came inside from sitting on the trampoline with my little sisters and brother and it kind of felt weird. I found myself almost scolding them for bouncing too much and I wasn't really enjoying being out there. After a while, I started to get up to leave. Christine, number 4 in the lineup, looked up at me and asked me, shocked, where I was going. I told her simply, I was going inside, jumped off the trampoline and walked away. As I looked back, she looked confused and disappointed. I don't know why, but I felt really old just then. I feel like Wendy when Peter Pan came back for her years after their original adventure. When Wendy told Peter that she couldn't come with him because she was too old. I imagine Peter looked confused and sad like my sister did.
I don't know why this popped into my head, but it did. I think I'm being torn between being a kid at home and college student - an adult. I kind of want to be both, but I guess I'm just growing up. Wow, never thought that would happen. That's kind of a bummer.

So that was a really depressing post. Hopefully I'll think of something happy soon and post that.

No comments:

Post a Comment