Sunday, November 6, 2011

Life is Good.

Life is Good. I have been teaching now for about 2 1/2 months and I'm still alive! It has been so hard - it is a lot to do teaching 670 kids - but I absolutely love it. I'm still working on getting all of their names, but other than that it's just perfect. And by perfect, I don't mean perfect. I really do have the best job, but it's not easy by any means. I have some...troublesome students, and there are some days that go better than others. But life is so Good.

Halloween was fun, I helped to MC the Halloween Parade. This is where all the classes line up behind each other and walk around the school showing off their costumes to each other and the parents that come and watch. Man, those kids are too darn cute in their little costumes. I saw about 15 million Rapunzels and a surprising number of Yodas. One of my favorite costumes was a little 1st grade boy who was Harry Potter. There were quite a few of those, but he dyed his hair black and insisted on speaking in a British accent the whole day. CUTE!

This week I started talking with the Kindergarteners about Thanksgiving coming up and I told them a little bit about the Pilgrims. I mentioned their ship that they came over the ocean in. One boy raised his hand and shouted out, "Oh yeah, the cauliflower!" It was so hard to keep from laughing! I told him he was close, that it was the Mayflower, and that cauliflower was in fact a vegetable.

It seems that the holiday season is coming up quickly. I can't believe we're already there in the year. It seems like we just started. Is this where my life speeds up to an uncontrollable pace and before I know it I'll be 75?

1 comment:

  1. I bet you're such an awesome music teacher!! Way to go for having the patience to work with so many kids! That's so cute that the boy thought it was called the cauliflower. haha. Miss ya Jessica! I'm glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete