Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back to the grindstone...kind of

So this has been a great start of the semester. I started out by knowing a ton of the people in my classes, just because the school of music is so small that most of them have already been in classes with me. But some weren't and I've made some good new friends (that's later). Then I was able to test out of one of my classes, so that is another 2 hours per week of my life that I get back. Hallelujah! Then, the first Friday back to school I went out on a date:

His name was Brian, and we went on a double date with his roommate and another girl in the ward. We went to the duck pond area by our apartments and played Chinese Checkers (thanks for teaching me all those years ago, Grandma Eileen, it was a great advantage) and after a long and gruesome battle of strategy and leaping...I won. (That never happened when we played, Grandma, I guess it was my turn). So then they had bought a box of fortune cookies and we all ate them and read each other our fortunes. Everyone else's talked about what they would do in their lives and mine just said something about keeping your hopes young...um...okay, I'll do that.

Then we went to the dollar theatre (the greatest invention of this century) and saw Kung Fu Panda, which if you don't know, is a cartoon about a panda that tries to do kung fu (that makes sense) but he has some trouble because...well..pandas are large...-r than the other animals and they just aren't built for kung fu. Anyways, the movie was hillarious and I had a good time. Then the guys took us back to our respective doorsteps and that was it. It was a really fun date, very creative, and just a great way to start out the semester.

More recently, I finally went to Walmart to pick up my camera that I had gotten for my birthday and have been going slightly camera-happy since. I love being able to have that with me and not have to rely on others to take pictures. I kind of feel like my first two years of college were undocumented and somewhat lost, but not this year! I already have a ton of pictures. In fact, I think you all can look at the ones I've already posted. Hold on...okay, if you go to this link that should take you to them and you can view them to your hearts content.

Well, I should probably get back to my homework (oops) but there will be more to come later (hopefully). Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment