Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kickball and more

So I think I have a problem. I never played sports as a kid, and so when I do play, I think I take it too personally. I don't go out and start yelling at the refs or anything like some people do, I just get internally grumpy. I don't mean to, and it makes me mad that I do. Something to work on I guess.

 

But today in kickball, I got a double. I GOT A DOUBLE!!! It was so awesome. I think I'm starting to get the hang of placing the ball in order to get the best outcome. I had to get myself out on my first kick because it advanced a girl from second to third. I was a little bummed that I had to do that, but I was proud that I could and I did and it worked. We still lost the game, but it wasn't so bad as our last humiliation. We put up a good fight.

 

Anyways, here are some cool pictures from our last few games. We just finished the regular season,  but we have tournament coming up starting next week. It's single elimination. Hopefully we won't get out in the first round… Hopefully.

 

So was looking through my recent photos and realized I needed to catch you family folks up. So here it goes:

 

A couple weeks ago, we decided to go sidewalk chalking all over campus. We started in the parking lot across the street from our apartments. We drew chalk outlines of people (like a murder scene) and made random parking spaces into reserved spaces. We also drew chalk outlines of people who died right outside the testing center and labeled them by class. It was really fun to do.



 We thought this was kind of humorous. It was positioned at the entrance of the parking lot.

Brandon decided to make some spots extra special

In case you can't read it, this body is labeled Testing Center Victim Econ 110


Last weekend we had a ward activity and part of it included a massive flour fight. It was so fun! We all had knee high nylons filled with handfulls of flour at the toe and hit each other with them - boys verses girls of course. We had a great time and got really messy.



The boys went over a little hill on one side of the field and we established headquarters behind a stone wall thingy
 All-out war

aren't we so pretty?

 

Also among the new photo update are some of kickball. Proof that I really do play sports…kind of.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment