Saturday, January 1, 2011

home again, home again, jiggity jig

So I've spent the last two weeks at home. It has been such a great time. It has been funny to think back as to how long periods of time with my family used to be. It used to involve a lot of poking (real, not on facebook) and disagreements and "Mom, Michael is touching me!", but no longer. We have (mostly) grown out of that and it's kind of amazing to see how we turned out.
These last two weeks have been so fun!
* We were in a Hallelujah Chorus flashmob (I think you can hear Elise and I singing on this video - we were right behind the video-taker)

* Michael and I dressed up as Santa and Mrs. Claus for Rochelle's piano recital * I learned how to knit and knitted 1.5 scarves* We cleaned up and performed 3 a capella pieces for a performance for the West Linn Lions club
* For almost the whole time, us 4 girls have slept on the floor of one of the bedrooms, all of us sharing 3 mattresses (yes, by choice)
* Two of my sisters got me this awesome cross stitching kit that I've had my eye on for years. I finally get to do it! I'm guessing it will be done in approximately 12 years.
* On New Year's Eve, we spent an hour and learned a whole new a capella piece - just for fun. It's the version that sounds like this.
* The three college kids got to go out to lunch with our Grandma at The Spaghetti Factory. We left a little sunshine for our waitress.
you don't see it? try now:


Yep, it's been a crazy two weeks. I'm really glad I got to come home for Christmas, but I am still pretty excited to get back to school and teach some kids!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Once Nathan and I saw a flash mob as we were driving down University - all of the sudden there were tons of people riding their bikes right in the middle of the road. Singing in the mall is probably a safer choice. I want to hear you and your siblings singing that Tarzan song. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete