Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I bought a piano

Yep. That's right. A real live piano. No, not an electric one, a real one with strings and hammers and wood.

How, you may ask? Well, let me tell you.

Once upon a time, a broke newly graduated teacher took a job as a mover to help teachers move their stuff out of a school that was going to be torn down. She saw a few pianos sitting in the surplus area and asked about them. She was told that they were going to be auctioned off online. She scurried home, found the website, and after much hemming and hawing, bid on the piano and ended up winning it.

That is the story. Today I made some cookies, bribed some manly friends of mine with muscles and a truck and moved it from the school to the house I'm going to be living in in the fall. (Did I mention I'm living in a HOUSE in the fall?)

So that's the story of my piano.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! That's exciting! Where are you living? In Utah, or Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! It must have been from the old Farrer. :) That could have just been the piano from the music room. I remember all those pianos in the gym before they tore it down. How is it?

    ReplyDelete