Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Mysterious Benedict Society

Apparently I'm on a posting blitz. That is all.

I just finished a book that I wanted to recommend. It is called The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. I actually listened to the audiobook, which in and of itself was a treat. The narrator, Del Roy, was very good, and I'm picky about my narrators.

The book is a children's book, and thus somewhat predictable, but what I really liked about it was that the children in the book were very smart, but not too smart. I've been reflecting on Harry Potter recently and I am frustrated with how...dumb Harry can be. I love the world J. K. Rowling created, but Harry himself is kind of dumb (Don't hate me, Potter club). But in this book, the children figure real riddles out. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but if you know a middle schooler that is needing something to read this summer, check this book out from the library. I liked it.

1 comment: